Anyway, then I got a shock when I rocked up to do my usual Sunday night voluntary shift in the bookshop and Rob came up to me and offered me the job Rinna had applied for! I politely declined. I really can't see myself in that role either. It's not the low pay that bugs me because I know Rob is extremely generous and would make up for it in other ways. It's just that I really am not interested in that sort of work and don't want the responsibility. I guess it would be great work experience, but I have already laid down my career and I am not really aspiring to be a manager in any shape or form.... plus I am going to America soon.
Tammy told me she and Rob had been commenting all week about how they thought I would be great in that role. I'm flattered, but no thank you. I saw I missed a call from the church on my phone today ... guessing it was Rob trying to pursue me, seeing he asked me to think about it. It didn't take me long to think about it.
Somehow, that kick-started my application to work at one of the largest, if not the largest, outdoor adventure store around the corner from my home. I whipped up a cover letter and updated my CV in a flash and emailed it in. Funny thing is, I really would like to work there because I love shopping in those stores. I was actually in there yesterday at the Joondalup branch buying some thermal underwear, which is now on sale for $10 per item - they usually cost $34.95 each!!! God is so good to me. I had been planning on getting some for ages and had it on my list of things to buy. Anyway, I said I am available any day except Saturday and at any time and for any type of work they considered me suitable for. I figure they probably need some staff for Chrissy sales.
No comments:
Post a Comment