04 November 2010

Testimony of provision

God is truly amazing and today I want to record a testimony of His amazing provision. So I had a really bad night last night – I was restless and feeling anxious about the next season of my life overseas and all the details like:

  1. telling my family;
  2. deciding what to do with all the furniture in my house when I clear it out;
  3. responses to interview questions from the uni;
  4. getting a visa by answering more interview questions and paying more money (about $450);
  5. sorting out accommodation in freezing cold, snowy KC and the costs involved (around $2,000);
  6. making new friends in a city where I don’t know a single person;
  7. working out how to pack six months worth of winter clothes and all the bedding I need within the weight limits for international travel;
  8. booking flights (around $2,500 to $4,000 depending on how soon I book them) and arranging them in such a way that I minimise the waiting time at each airport; and
  9. how I am going to survive not being able to work for six months (paying tuition fees of $2,500 and then living expenses).


It is actually a really huge project. It sounds simple – just go over and study there, but it is really very complicated and lots of things need to be done in order to achieve the outcome.


So today I woke up feeling like crap but was determined to pray and spend quality time with God. I felt led to take communion and thank Him for everything He has done for me and that His hand is on every situation that concerns me. Then I read a whole pile of Scriptures over my family and I and prayed some stuff. Then while I was eating breaky, it’s like this pressure came over my head and I had the feeling that something big was about to happen and that I needed to pray in tongues for two hours.


Well my sis was scheduled to arrive at my house this arvo and just before she arrived, I felt the Lord say to confess a whole lot of Scriptures over my finances, so I did. Refer to section three of the Charles Capps “God’s Creative Power” gift collection book - I copied it here in yellow, but I don't think it's readable :o(










Boy, I didn’t anticipate the magnitude of blessings that followed! She gave me a wrap value meal from McDonalds, $570 cash, a HUGE lot of fruit and vegetables (apples, pears, bananas, blueberries, watermelon, carrots, tomatoes, oranges, mandarins – way more than I can eat by myself!), eight brand new lithium batteries (they cost $42), two pairs of brand new jeans, a notepad and a pile of brand new books for my niece. I was so overwhelmed I could barely talk. Still in shock even hours after she left. Gosh, the one who causes me so much sadness and grief is the one who blesses me the most in response to prayer. The wealth of a sinner is stored up for the righteous.


I also had a call today from my new boss, John, who asked me to start my new night shift job on Monday evening, 8 November 2010.


God is totally amazing. It really is worth following the leading of the Holy Spirit.


No comments: