10 November 2010

New job

Started working last night, actually I officially started Monday because I had an induction then. I am really blessed to be female because they are going to put me in the health and beauty aisles every night, which are really lovely and easier because the stock is in small packages. I love these aisles. They contain makeup, sunscreen lotions, baby products, hand wash, soap, bubble bath, hair products and more. It's funny working in the same section every night, aisles 10 and 11. The girl I work with is Justine, I think she is a supervisor and she works every day. She is a tiny girl from China, but she has lived here most of her life. I think she'd be in her 40s. She is very easy to get along with. I can see myself loving this job. I will be working 8pm to midnight five nights a week, Tuesday to Saturday. It doesn't seem that late because the air temperature is quite cool and music plays all night, so you stay wide awake. I also have decided to pack snacks in my handbag to eat when I take toilet breaks :o)

I was very tired last night when I got home and IHOP didn't ring me about an interview. The lady, Karen Pelt asked me to ring her in America. That's a bit harsh! I asked if she could ring me instead. I will ring up Telstra and see if I can change my contract to call international calls to suss out how much it costs.

No comments: