07 November 2010

Happy Birthday Tammy

Today is Tammy's 22nd bday. Despite being so much younger than me, she has been one of the biggest blessings to me through some hard times. She is such an amazing friend, someone I have not been able to get enough of. She is someone I love and trust so much and shows much more maturity than her age. I wish I knew more people like her. I was sitting next to her last Sunday wondering what to buy her and I had this brainwave that I would buy her a jewellery holder and then I found a cute metallic art sculpture of a lady dressed up in a pretty outfit holding her hands out, so I bought it. I also got her a stainless steel water bottle from Koorong and some jelly bellies.







This morning I kind of accidentally caught up with Damien, an old friend who I have known before my first boyfriend (more than half my life ago). He rang me and sent me a text message and I thought it was my friend Trish and said sure, would love to catch up. I got such a shock when I found out it was Damien instead! Anyway, I cooked him breaky, made him a fruit smoothie and some coffee and we had a nice chat for about an hour. He still looks exactly the same as he did over two years ago when I saw him last.

I set up his Facebook account for him years ago and what was really funny is I took a free clip art image off the Microsoft free clip art site and it was of a blonde man with a top hat, suit and tie and he told me he actually thought it was himself!!! He didn't even realise it was someone else. Now that is hilarious. He said he will leave it there.

No comments: