Today Rob came and mowed my lawn and we had a great chat as usual.
Then I spent a bit of time in prayer and suddenly had this desire to apply for a night-fill position, so I rang up the store manager of a nearby store, told him I did a similar job years ago and he said to put in my CV and a copy of my passport and he would hook me up with some work. I rehashed my last cover letter and CV from two years ago and went into the store and handed it to him directly. He said they needed staff for Saturday nights, 8pm to midnight, which works fine with me. Easy.
Funny, I was just asking God yesterday about what sort of work I should do, seeing I didn't hear back from the other store and really need some cash. I realised people probably don't think it is worth training someone who is going to leave soon. Night fill work is different and will allow me to sing in the spirit the whole time, which has the huge added benefit of preparing the way for my time at IHOP. Praise the Lord being paid to pray!

Then I felt more justified in driving all the way down to Freo again to buy some really lovely and comfortable Nu by Neo flats for my time in KC. They are such cool shoes. They don't look anything like this picture, but the piccy made me smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment