On Thursday last week, I had my first proper skype date with Jessica, my South African friend from IHOP. It was a lot of fun seeing her through video camera! Technology is so clever. Just before we ended our conversation, she suggested I apply to teach at a winter camp in a Christian university in South Korea. I kind of dismissed it, but after we ended our call and i checked it out, my heart leapt with enthusiasm. If you get accepted, they pay for your return airfare, meals and accommodation as well as give you some spending money! I have been aching to get to South Korea, particularly to Yongi Cho's prayer mountain and I was even just asking pastors last week about a potential trip the church was planning for two weeks over to his church. The church trip was cancelled.
Last Wednesday, I met up with Ps Alan and he told me how God had told him to go over the easter of 2009. He and his wife went for 9 days and he said something amazing was deposited in his heart over the short time he was there. Subsequently, he said he prayed in tongues every day for long periods of time and it was like his Spirit got revived. WOW! After talking to him, it stirred an even greater desire in me to go.
I wonder whether this could be my in-road. I whipped up the application that night and I have a Skype interview on Monday at 9.00am. Then I would need to get a C4 visa and a few other things sorted out. I am so excited at the prospect of doing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment