29 October 2011

Halal

Really disappointed today. Julz gave me about half a dozen really lovely-looking packages from WA to take overseas to South Korea to hand out as gifts. They were filled with gormet nuts coated with chocolate and caramel and other things. Anyway, the reason why I cannot take them overseas is because they are Halal-certified. I looked up on the Internet what this means. In order for any product to be Halal-certified, it must be prepared according to Islamic guidelines, with prayers said to God (Allah) during the process. This means it is food offered to an idol, which the bible forbids us partaking. Urrrgggh!


Here I am wanting to bless the Christians who bless me, yet I would in effect be cursing them. I am not quite sure what to do with them now - maybe i'll take them to church to the community services branch.

No comments: