After talking to Jun-Mo and Ps Judy yesterday, I decided to go for the cheap and nasty reputation airlines, because Jun-Mo pointed out that it would be the shortest possible flight - going direct to Indonesia and then on to Seoul. Ps Judy told me about how Ps Barb had taken a Quantas flight to the east coast and all the passengers heard a loud bang and the plane had to turn around and go back! It turns out some birds had flown into the engine or some part of the plane. The point being that even the more expensive flights can be dodgy and that when God is in control, He can make any flight get you to where you need to be safely!
However, when I went to book my flight with Garuda Airlines, the strangest thing happened. The flight was apparently no longer available! Then I did a quick Internet search and up popped a few other options all around the same cheap price. The first two I tried didn't work, for some weird reason, but then the third one did. It turned out to be Malaysian Airlines, which sounded MUCH better all along, because it was even quicker. If I fly out 4.30pm Chrissy day, then I arrive in Seoul at 6.30am the next morning! I just looked on my bank website though and less than $2 has been taken off my Mastercard..... hmmm, what is going on? The strange thing is the exact same flight itinerary is available through other websites at a cost of about $600 more!
How bizarre that it would just suddenly appear out of nowhere!
I'm praying it all goes through ok. It still appears to be available a few hours later.
No comments:
Post a Comment