12 October 2011

Dreams

Last night a man came to me in my dream. He had black hair and looked like a tribal man from an island like Samoa or Fiji or Vanuatu?!?!?! I could sense he was deeply sensitive to things of the Spirit. He told me I had a beautiful heart. That was random!

This week, I felt the Lord tell me that I have a lot of soul wounds, which have been caused by sin (James 4:17 – when we know to do good but don’t do it) I’ve done myself, and then others have done to me and then through circumstances I have been through. One by one, through dreams, He’s been revealing how they came about and so I’ve begun a process of working through them.


The first one He showed me was caused during the 7.5 months I looked after my mum in hospital (some ten years ago!). I saw myself in a dream, like a young kid, walking around the hospital my mum was in. Now I’m having flashbacks of all the challenges associated with that ordeal!


The way we get over them is we repent, forgive whoever was involved, and then invite the glory light of Jesus to cover those wounds. To invite the glory light in, we meditate on scriptures about the light of Jesus (e.g. Matthew 17:1-2,5 and Matthew 4:16), repeatedly decree light over these wounds and listen to worship music about the glory of Jesus.


God knows how much time we need to deal with each one before He reveals the next one to soak in His glory light. I am going to talk to my boss and tell her I need more time out before I start work (if I even go back to that job). I feel God's wants me to focus on healing my soul wounds that i didn't even realise i had before this week! How ignorant, am I?!?!?


We are all designed to be temples filled with the Holy Spirit, but I felt the Lord say that I was like the temple in Haggai in ruins. However, when I am restored and built-up, He will fill me with His glory. Pretty awesome, hey! ….so I am actively trying to get to that state.

No comments: