Last week while I was still in America, I remembered someone telling me that all the expensive top quality jackets go on sale in the hiking stores in Perth after winter. While winter was just beginning over there, winter was coming to an end in Australia, so I decided in my heart to look around for a good deal when I got home.Yesterday I picked up a brochure for Kathmandu (a rather groovy hiking store) and spied a rather gorgeous super lightweight sporty jacket made entirely of nylon. I would previously never spend so much money on a jacket, but with international travel and weight restrictions you begin to realise that you simply cannot pack a lot. I gave away more than half my wardrobe in America and still got charged $200US for merely having 4kg over the suitcase limit! With ridiculous fees like that, I realise it is better to buy a more expensive super lightweight high quality jacket that will keep you warm and that can travel with you. That way you do not have to waste money buying clothes in foreign countries, which you then have to give away before you leave.
So that said, I just bought this amazingly gorgeous jacket that I saw in the Kathmandu catalogue on sale. It was so weird, I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to go to the Peppermint Grove store ... but I was arguing with Him saying it would be much better if I went to the Harbortown store, cos chances are these jackets would likely be even more discounted (being a warehouse place offering higher discounts than suburban stores) and there was also NIKE warehouse next door that probably had just as great deals. However, it was such a strong leading by the Spirit to go to the Peppermint Grove store that I eventually gave in and went with the Spirit's leading.
Well it turns out, this is the only store in the whole of Australia that had one size 8 jacket available. The sales guy behind the counter checked every store for me, because the only remaining jacket in my size was emerald green and I would have preferred black because it is much easier to accommodate and less obvious when you wear it frequently than something that is bright green! I felt really special with the realisation that the Holy Spirit really does know best and had led me there. So here are the specs (note that the piccy is of the black jacket, not the green one):
Women's windproof active jacket.
- Zip front with chin guard and stormflap for wind protection
- Draw cord hem for ideal fit and extra protection from wind
- Elastic cuffs with thumb loops
- No side seams and raglan sleeves keep seams away from pressure points to reduce chaffing and allows extra movement
- Front zipped mesh pocket with music/phone cord eyelet
- Lower back zipped mesh pocket with key clip, jacket can be folded into this pocket for easy storage/transportation.
- Reflective print detail
- Incredibly lightweight
- Windstopper Active Shell fabric, only 58gsm.
- Fabric is 100% windproof and highly breathable, aimed at the light and fast athlete
The pack&GO series is a range of ingenious travel solutions designed to make life easier while circling the globe. Carefully created for optimal space saving and convenience, you'll travel smarter with pack&GO. Try the Packaway Pocket to stuff or fold things into - designed to reduce bulk and keep you light on your feet.
- Fold garment into rectangle
- Fold into its own pocket
- Secure with zip
- Reduces bulk
- Easy to use
Pack & Go - Pack Pocket
GoreTM Windstopper® Active Shell
Fabric 100% Nylon
No comments:
Post a Comment