31 January 2011

Walking in God's will

Gosh, I just am so in love with my new job. I love the people I work with. I love the work I do. I love my office. I love where I am located. I love being able to wear nice clothes again.

Today we had a work meeting with our big gun director and medical doctor. He has been in France for the last few weeks on annual leave with his wife, four kids and two other families living in a cabin and going skiing. Because he left before I came on board, I had not had a meeting with him. He was just oozing with personality that captivated me. He is a really fascinating person. I like his sense of humor and the way he communicates. He is obviously extremely intelligent.

What really amused me is when we had finished the meeting, he asked me where I lived and then Sarah jumped in with the answer relating to my office accommodation. I said to him I thought he was asking me about where my house was located and that I thought he was getting a bit too personal with me. Hahahaha :-) As I left, I overheard Sarah saying how great it was that I was now on board and how I had really helped out a lot. God has really given me favor. It has been a long time since I have had a boss who sings my praises.

It was funny but when I was given the opportunity to speak about the work I had been doing, what came out of my mouth sounded great and even I was impressed. Gosh, sure hope I can keep this up. The thing is, I love the people I work with. They are all brilliant and hard-working and well-educated. I can communicate with them at their level and it's like I have been craving to be around people like this. I have not been able to have an intellectual conversation like the ones I am having now with my workmates for a very long time .... like years and years and years. I couldn't talk like this in YWAM or bible college or even in the last few jobs I had. It's like we are all at the same level of analytical abilities but in different specialty areas.

This is only my fourth week and yet I love it!!! My brain is not as overwhelmed as I thought it would be. It's amazing thinking I am walking in a fulfilled prophecy - God knew back in 2007 that I would be in this job so He told Kerry Kirkwood to let me know it was coming. Talk about a long detour - some three years later I finally get to walk into it.

No comments: