08 January 2011

Jehovah Jireh - our provider

God is so good. I have been feeling very frustrated at my sister because she keeps rocking up with food that I don't enjoy eating and would never buy myself and in such huge quantities that I feel extremely grieved over the waste of money, which could be much better spent on something else. She just doesn't understand I would much prefer the money, not the extravagant food! Anyway, this morning in my quiet time I was praying and complaining about it to my best friend, aka Jesus. Suddenly, I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to pray for John and Gill - this lovely couple I met in Bible college with two young boys. Then I felt God tell me to give them the food! Wow - why didn't I think of that earlier.

With a new found joy and excitement, I filled an old nappy box with a box of cappuccino sachets, camomile tea, a box of ten sachets of oats porridge, two boxes with two sachets of cup-a-noodle soup, two cans of pink salmon, a packet of lavish bread, a block of philadelphia cheese, three packets of sliced cheese, a box of fruit strings and a packet of apricot bites for the kids, ten packets of two minute noodles, a packet of cheese & chive-flavoured corn crisps and a box of chicken drumstick biscuits. I also threw in $40 cash, a small teddy bear, two laminated charts (one of a soldier wearing the armor of God with a description of each piece, and the other with the names of God) and my unworn bible college shirt with their names on it among the list of other graduates (cos I haven't used it and no longer want it).

I wrote them a card saying I felt strongly that God wanted to tell them how much He loved them and how special they were to Him. I felt so amazingly blessed to give it to them this morning.

John told me he had not been paid and were really short on food, so it was a really blessing to them. Gill and Eli were still asleep when I dropped it off at 8.00am this morning, before racing home again. Angelina is due over any minute.

Gosh, now I know why God gives Julz these crazy desires to go out and excessively spend money to buy me stuff. I am merely a channel for God to bless other people through. Glory to God!!!

Last week I gave a huge bag of food to Annette for her mother and daughter - it was comprised of all sorts of canned vegetables and things. Can't remember exactly what was in them or what else there was.

No comments: