Yesterday, Grunde dropped Angel off just before 9.00am and then went off to buy me some second hand tyres with better tread, seeing my front tyres apparently were almost totally worn out. Then he returned and I looked after both Lars and Angel in my lounge room while he put them on my car. When he went to leave with Lars, Angel got so upset, he was forced to take her with him for just over an hour. Fine by me!
In the meantime, I spoke to mum on the phone and boy, did she have some news to tell! It turns out that at 4.30am Saturday morning, she felt as though the Holy Spirit spoke to her. I always take everything mum says with caution because she doesn't go to church, read her bible, or fellowship with any Christian group, so she's not connected to the vine and the words of her mouth are often full of bitterness and negatively. Anyway, but what she did say actually sounded as though it could have been from God. She said she was reminded of a song her mother used to sing before she died. It went like this:
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
Demons you are bound
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
Yaweh is protecting me
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
Demons will have to flee
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
We have the victory
She said she had not remembered all the lyrics until then and felt as though God wanted Angel to be taught the song to protect her from all the demonic things surrounding her. Well, looking at the lyrics, I couldn't see anything harmful in that suggestion, and the tune is very simple and catchy. Angel sings "twinkle twinkle little star" every time I see her, which is comparable in its simplicity.
So when Grunde dropped her back at my house, I started singing it to her over and over and over. She just grinned at me and listened quietly. Funny, because earlier that day, every time I tried to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" with her, or any other song for that matter, she kept asking me to STOP! This time, she just listened. Then we went to mum's house and mum repeated the song. Then we came back to my house and Angel had fallen asleep in the car already, so I put her into bed.
During the night she woke a few times and each time, I sang the song gently and sweetly and it caused her to go back to sleep. From 11.00pm to 1.00am, however, she got up and I read her one of her toddler's bibles and about a quarter of another bible story book. She kept asking for a "Jesus story book". Then we went back to bed. Again a couple of times I sang that song as I heard her wake up.

In the early hours of the morning, I had two spiritual dreams. The first was of me in my car. It had broken down because Grunde had not fixed the wheels on properly and as I got out of the car, I saw a young blonde guy watching me. He was a suspicious character and I had the impression he was thinking about preying on me. I called out to him that i'd be ok. Inside, I didn't feel confident.
The second dream was of me standing next to a very tall stocky caucasian lady with very long straight brown hair. We were chatting about church-related stuff, when suddenly she looked at me and I could sense something demonic in her eyes. Her eyes flared at me and she was suddenly about a metre in front of me. Immediately, I said "In the name of Jesus I bind you devil" and strangely, with her eyes eerily wide open, she fell backwards with her body completely straight like a tin soldier and lay motionless on the ground with her eyes wide open. I realised the power of the name of Jesus in my dream and my authority to bind demons in His name.
Somehow, I know mum is right. Angel needs to learn that song. I am not sure if someone is thinking inappropriate thoughts towards her, or whether another person is deliberately trying to intimidate her or whether it is purely demons (well come to think of it, demons are spirits and have no body, so they come to inhabit people and work through them), but I do know that her sleep is not peaceful and somethings have made her afraid.
This morning in church she clung to me. She wouldn't allow me to put her down during praise and worship and then at SuperKids she cried and clung on to me. When she stopped, after about ten minutes, I sneaked out. One of the workers, also named Michelle, said she found her crying beside the doll's house, but then she was ok. When I picked her up, she kept kissing me and hugging me. Funny kid. The workers all said they could see how much she loved me.
I told Julz, but she is so sleep deprived and not 100%. However, I wrote the words down on paper for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment