07 January 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful to God. He is so faithful to His promises. My heart is rejoicing still over the job He enabled me to get.

God is amazing getting me a job back in the area of health. Yesterday i went in to meet my new project team and see where I will be working. I will actually be sitting in a beautiful office in a heritage-listed building that used to be the nurses quarters about 100 years ago. To get between my office and the director's office, i have to walk through many wards and corridors full of sick patients. It suddenly hit me last night, that I will likely have opportunities to stop and pray for them and my time in Mexico has given me confidence in stepping out in faith.

I told myself years ago i would never return to this area of work in the health sector because of all that happened there - my boss taking me aside and telling me to just accept my mum would die, then her suddenly getting stomach cancer and dying four months later, and the fact that everyone seemed to be doing everything they could to help patients get better, except turning to Jesus - who can heal them in an instant with no funding required! I was discouraged being round these unbelieving people, but now, so many years later, God has established firm foundations in my heart with His Word and after seeing so many miracles and personal victories through Him answering my prayers, I am ready to accept the challenge and carry His presence and His anointing into this place.

Last night i met up with my old friend Dee for coffee in a shop nearby - it's actually in between where we live. I arrived all prayed up and prepared to sow seeds into her heart. I brought along my little prayer confessions book and testified about how God had answered my prayer, against all odds to get me an amazing job. Every morning for many weeks i have prayed these words: "I now dissolve and put aside all negative, limiting beliefs about where I will work and what kind of job is available to me. I open myself to all of God’s possibilities. I call for a perfect, satisfying, well paying job to manifest in my life. I am always in the right place at the right time for the Spirit of God directs my steps".

I have had so many people throw discouraging words at me and tell me it is not possible to re-enter the workforce after being out for so long and get a job suited to my work experience and qualifications. As time has ticked away, i have clung on to God's promises .... and He has proved faithful. He really is a God of the impossible.

This morning in my quiet time, He overwhelmed me again with His sweet encouragements and promises. He spoke to me out of the book of Job about how He restored double-fold what Job had lost. Job lived a long fruitful life, he was prosperous, successful and his daughters were the most beautiful among all the women - all because he put his trust in the Most High God and despite extreme trials and hardships, never turned away from His Lord. God is not a respector of persons and what he did for Job, He is going to do for me. Amen.

Dee listened with obvious interest, i could sense God's truth being absorbed into her heart. I shared about Mexico and our outreach times and told her again how God had miraculously healed my mum and my niece and then gotten me this amazing job, exactly up to the time I leave for America.

In the time i will be working (13 weeks) i will earn enough money to cover all my airfares, insurance, university fees, rental costs and living expenses for the six months i am unable to work in America. God is just totally amazing. I am just in awe of the amazing God i serve.

If only other people could catch on to the secret of breakthrough - you just need to make time for God every day, develop a deeply personal and intimate relationship with Him and He will make everything work out. How I love the lover of my soul, the one who made me and knows the great future He has planned for my life.


No comments: