22 August 2011

Sowing into the Kingdom of God

Last Wednesday morning, God told me to give Joshue some money. Joshue is a fellow international student from Brazil. He is a musician and an amazing brother. I resisted Him, but then Joshue came and blessed me with a brand new transparent pink cover for my Macbook. He had ordered it for his wife, but the company sent the wrong size, which happened to fit my Macbook but not hers. So Joshue said I was the first person he thought to bless with it. I went home at lunch time and dug up the $40 cash God said to give him. How funny that was. God really is amazing. Why was I so unwilling to bless such a precious brother straight up?

Then on Thursday, God told me to sow $300 into Chris Truby's (aka "Truby") adoption, so I went up to him and told him. I found it a bit frustrating that he said he had no paypal account, but instead to deposit it into Chris Ferguson's (aka "Fergy") account. I don't like that I had to involve a third person. Oh well, so I obeyed the Lord and did it. I asked Fergy if he could help Truby set up a paypal account and he said he already did, but he doesn't use it. He mustn't be that familiar with technology. He didn't reply to my FB message either.

I suppose it really is God's money, not mine, so I should let go of frustrations. I'm just being a faithful steward. This is him with his wife and two boys. I'm not sure when they will be completing their adoption, but the fact they are committing to rescue a precious child and bring them into IHOP really should be commended.




















Well I guess those little sacrifices are what released me into a new job back home in Perth. I had an unexpected FB message from my previous boss saying she was willing to place me in a job temporarily and then it would be advertised permanently. Now that is a HUGE blessing, even to get temporary work. God is good.



No comments: