08 August 2011

Elohim - Almighty Creator of the Universe

Today in the prayer room, I was just craving to get there and then, as i've done now so many times, i knelt down and His presence overwhelmed me. I am amazed how many tears seem to gush out of my eyes. The prayer room air conditioner is absolutely freezing, but when I feel God's presence, I feel this intense warmth come over me and it's like my face is burning and I feel like God is right in front of me and intensely listening to me tell Him everything on my mind and pray. I started thinking how amazing it is that this amazing God who created the whole universe and all the stars in the sky could actually want to come and meet with me in the prayer room, and I meditated on the fact that He knows me so intimately and the future ahead of me, even though to me it is so uncertain.

Then later, I felt Him lead me to read Psalm 8 and these verses just leapt out at me:

3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?

I never realised there was a deeper level of intimacy available to us where we can seemingly literally sit at the foot of His throne and commune with Him so directly. I am overwhelmed by His presence here. I guess after twelve years of continuous 24/7 prayer, the place is anointed!

No comments: