17 August 2011

Personal day #4

Today was a really emotional day after receiving some really cold, abrupt texts last night from this guy. Urrrgh, why are some people so insensitive? So anyway, my emotions got the better of me and I had tears streaming down my face all morning. They wouldn't seem to dry up. At the news that we had to deliver prophetic ministry in the arvo and my failed attempt to get this girl in my group to trade her community work shift for my prophetic ministry shift, I stayed home all arvo and had to make it a personal day. What a shame. I could have been really productive in someone's garden!

So instead I spent the arvo weeping in prayer over my family and various friends, and also this frustrating guy. Bless those who hurt your heart. One thing I did do that I have been wanting to do for a week now, is write a response to Julz' email to mum, which she forwarded to me for my information. Her email was a very sweet message to mum saying sorry for not appreciating all that mum had done for her. In it she told mum that she and Angel pray for her every night.

I have been wanting to confront Julz about her living arrangements for years and this email presented an opportunity, after much prayer, to finally let her know what's been on my heart. It has never seemed like the right time to tell her. I guess now I am on the other side of the earth, it is easier. I needed to tell her that it is not ok to live with someone before you're married, especially if you want to profess Christianity to everyone. I gave a testimony of my own life and how God had spoken to me the following scriptures (not that I lived with a guy or had kids out of wedlock):

  • If I had cherished sin in my heart, He would not have listened to my prayers (Psalm 66:18).
  • He later defined sin for me as where I knew to do good, but didn’t do it (James 4:17).
  • He also said that if I had remained sexually immoral (any form of intimacy outside of marriage), then I would not go to Heaven (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God).
  • He said that if I simply confessed my sin (and changed my lifestyle), then He would be faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:7).
I told her blatantly that she needs to make a choice about either getting married or moving out or there would be consequences, the most dramatic being that she would not be going to Heaven. I also copied and pasted Deuteronomy 28 describing the blessings or curses for obeying or disobeying God, respectively. I prayed that the spirit of conviction would hit her and she would be granted repentance so that she would know the truth and the truth would set her free. I prayed that her eyes would be opened and that righteousness would break forth in areas where she struggles. I prayed that though sin abounds, that God's grace would abound so much more.

Now it is really up to God. I have finally released what I have needed to say for so many years.

No comments: