22 August 2011

One encounter with Jesus

Well today I felt grieved with the news about Julz, so I purposed in my heart to intercede for her. As soon as I got to the prayer room, I knelt down at the front and poured out my heart to God. I felt His presence - His sweet, gentle, beautiful presence. God is the only one who really understands and knows how my heart breaks. I prayed in the Spirit and in the understanding, interchangeably.

After weeping in His presence for about two hours, I felt the Lord say to tell Him every little thing that was concerning me, so I did one by one. As I was telling Him, I saw a vision of little white pieces of paper and each one contained handwritten notes of what I was telling Him. Then He said to hold out my hands in front of me, as though I was holding all the concerns in my hands. Then I felt His big hands cup my hands. I wept knowing He was gazing at me with eyes of compassion while holding my hands in His. Then I saw a vision of a small brown square box and inside were all the pieces of paper.

Then I watched as He held the box and threw the contents up into the air. The notes turned into white doves and I could see a big waterfall, which the doves flew up to. Suddenly, I could feel the water from the waterfall on my face.... but then I was conscious of the tears pouring out of my eyes and His sweet anointing all around me. Somehow He lifted my burdens today.

I spent about 2.5 hours kneeling and weeping in His presence. How can I ever explain to anyone what happened to me in the prayer room today? It was supernatural. There is another realm of intimacy with Jesus that we, as Christians, our able to step into. I never knew that before coming to the International House of Prayer in Kansas City.

One encounter with Jesus leaves every part of you craving for more of Him. When can I meet with Him again. I am lovesick for this compassionate, gracious man.

No comments: