08 February 2011

Triple cover

Feeling rather peeved today. Last Thursday I paid for HBF travel insurance which includes top cover health insurance for the entire time I am in US. Well, IHOP have made this silly decision to force international students to pay for health insurance from a US provider, despite some internationals already having health insurance because it is included in their travel insurance. They just said there is no option other than to pay. How insane. I spoke to HBF today, they said there is no option of having travel insurance without extensive health insurance included. They only offer one type of travel insurance to people going to the US and what i've got is it.

So much for shopping around and getting the lowest quote on travel insurance. Now the doubling up on health insurance means I will pay just as much as the flight centre quotes. It is so unfair.... seems so ironical that a place that promotes divine healing would force me to pay health insurance twice, which in effect means I have triple cover health insurance!

No comments: