04 February 2011

I am a promise

This is a song that I have heard many times lately because it is a kiddies song that was among many other worship songs for kids on a CD Annette gave me a copy of. For some reason, I just can't help wanting to hear this song again and again and again. I just love it. I feel like when I'm singing it, it is God saying to me that I am a promise to someone, the guy He has chosen for me, that God knows I am a promise and a great big bundle of potentiality! He speaks to me through kid's songs. So special. It's like I'm reliving my childhood and replacing the horrific experiences with beauty and special treasures from God.

"I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality

And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality

And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!"

No comments: