06 December 2010

My "on" ramp onto the express way

For the last few days, I have been thinking of Kerry Kirkwood's prophecy to me back in August 2007. So far, it has all come true, except one small part, which I feel is for now. It's this bit:

"There is an issue where the enemy has told you, you made a mistake and because you made a mistake you are never going to be able to get where you need to be. That is not true. God is a redemptive God, no matter what, and He is able to catch you and put you in right place whatever the detour is. I just see it there’s a detour but you’ve got an “on” ramp onto the express way. He’s going to give you a way to get on. You are not going to be going down the side. You are going to be able to get on and be able to move quickly".

I have always felt as though this part of his prophecy related to my career, because when I worked in the public sector, I got to a place where I felt trapped because I had jumped up to the most senior level I could go and then there didn't appear to be any where to go to from there. Then, the manager of the section in DTF where my permanency was attached to, made my life hell by forcing me to release the position. In hindsight though, I realise God didn't want me bound to that position anyway. In letting go of it, I was able to go into bible college for two years and then YWAM for six months.

Funny, with all the drama associated with that night-fill job and mum getting upset about me having a crap job after she worked so hard to get us educated, I feel it is time to return to a real job. I know America was my plan, but my heart is not 100% in it yet. I feel I may have the timing wrong. For the last few days I have had Kerry's words in my heart about how God had a detour for me, but then He would provide an "on" ramp onto the express way, that I wouldn't have to go up the side. Could it be my career? I cannot think what else it could possibly relate to. Looking back over the last few years, I have definitely had a detour. Who ever thought God would send me to bible college and then to YWAM!

I know from my time at night-fill that God has made me a lot more confident. I can now define my boundaries and am not intimidated by people like I used to be. I feel confident and believe in myself. God has changed my heart. I feel so much love inside for people I don't even know. He has done some work inside me. Though I look the same on the outside, it is like my insides have been renewed.

As I prepare to approach this mining company, I feel like I am meant to be there. They offer the exact same scholarship to students that old Crusty gave me for my honours year. What are the chances of that happening! Then, during my time in the public sector, I participated in the corporate sports that some staff from this company were also part of and I put together two teams in DTF and WAEC for the "Climb to the top" fitness challenge that this company was a major sponsor for. It's like I have had connections all the way through.

This company poached the girl from DTF whose position I filled. I also went to Cambodia with another girl who was from this company and I remember her saying how much she liked working there. Then mum's friend, Helen, also got a job in this company. She is in her 40s, so she is much older than me. I know I have a lot to offer.

No comments: