13 December 2010

God is faithful

Well yesterday was a real downer. I spent the morning cleaning with Exit-Mould for the shower walls, Harpic for the toilet, Spray & Wipe for the counters, Windex for the glass and mirrors and Jiff for the sink. Shortly afterwards, I had the worst allergic reaction - I couldn't stop sneezing for hours, had tears in my eyes and a runny nose and my skin felt like it was falling off. I took two different types of anti-histamine, some nasal spray, dissolvable aspirin and sudafed and yet could not shake off the symptoms. By evening, I was truly sick! I went to church anyway and felt very unwell.

All my allergic reactions contributed to my downcast soul and I had tears streaming down my face all through the church service. I was really grateful to Tam for being s sweet and caring, but it only made me weep more. I got home feeling unwell and miserable and down in the dumps. Before I went to bed, I wrote a list of everything I was thankful for, including future praise points that I wanted to believe God for. I was also feeling lousy because I have not worked a real job for three years and most workplaces want two current referees - they have to be within the last two years. I could put down Ps Judy and Ps Eunice, but really, they can't say I have worked in a related job.

Well this morning I woke up and prayed and then I felt this strange desire to contact Sarah, an old work colleague from the DoH. I asked her if she had any work for me around the same pay level I left at three years ago. During the day, she suggested I be paid a HUGE amount more than I left on (like $14K more) and offered me 12 weeks from early January, subject to her boss' approval. She now works for a guy who is a doctor as well and directs the state in matters to do with medical imaging. He looks like a really nice guy.

Well I never thought I would return to the work place I started in, nor the Government at all, for that matter. It would certainly fit within the words of the prophecy though with regard to being an "on" ramp. At this stage in my career, I cannot think how else to get back in, given I have no current referees. The work would relate directly to my degree and I know I have the skills and experience to do the job. Hey, the greater one lives in me now and consequently, I now have special favour.

Just having that conversation with Sarah today, regardless of whether it will go ahead or not, has encouraged me deeply and picked up my spirit. I bought Tammy a gift today and when I went to drop it off, she said that as soon as I walked into the bookshop last night, she knew I was not ok. She said she and Menka prayed for me. Well their prayers worked. I woke up well and felt this urge to spend time with Jesus.... and it has led to a potential job.

No comments: