22 December 2010

May I please have a punching bag?

On Tuesday I had lunch with Sarah who I worked with ten years ago. She told me I really need to find the right guy and settle down and start having kids because my clock is ticking. Nice. I guess people of the world just have no idea about the miraculous God I serve. I know that choosing to wait for the one He has chosen for me, instead of rushing to find one who will make do to please everyone else and shut people up, will reap rewards. I know w/o a doubt that God has the right person for me, just so many people are throwing their worldly thoughts and doubts at me, it is really annoying. Only God knows why I have had to wait so long.

On Tuesday, I also went to see Kristin's parents cos they said they had a book they bought me for Chrissy. Well I was touched that they thought of me, but then I opened it today and I realise they have jumped to all these silly conclusions about me and got me a book they thought I needed, but which is not at all relevant to me because I don't ask any of the questions the author is aiming to answer. It frustrated me more than anything else. I have to remind myself they have good intentions. They are just old, naive and are w/o a clue when it comes to relating to people my age. That's why their two kids escaped and moved out and don't want to tell them anything.

Oh Lord, I cannot wait to leave this place and get to America. I just need to move out of this place and get on with my life and into the promised land.


No comments: