05 October 2010

Born ready!

So today I officially commenced the application process for IHOP. I had a closer look at the information they put on their website and it turns out that as interns, you are not allowed to have a part-time job. I emailed the office and they said they are willing to pick you up from the airport for a nominal fee and also to help you with finding another international student to share accommodation. I figure that's the cheaper option and if I can live with 23 people in a house in Mexico and 20 girls in one bedroom in Australia for three months each, then I can handle sharing a two-bedroom unit with one person in America! I think I would rather share a house than live alone.

Ps Judy agreed to be my pastoral referee and now I am looking for a personal referee. I was hoping for Wendy, but I know she is moving house at the moment and things are pretty crazy for her now. I guess I will just wait because I don't know who else to ask.

It says on the website that they require you to submit your application three months before you intend to do the internship, so I will have to apply for the April 2011 start date. When I think about that, it is actually much more reasonable anyway, because January 2011 would be too soon for mum and Julz to digest and April 2011 gives me ample time to plan and save more money. God is so good to me. I have already stashed up half of fees in a telenet savings account.

I am planning on walking into Woodside and asking for some temp work next week. I dunno why, I just keep getting that company name in my mind. Is it me or the Holy Spirit? Well, I'll see.

I am going to sell my beloved rollerblades on eBay.

No comments: