02 June 2011

Words of life

I'm sitting here in the Global Prayer Room at IHOP soaking in the Word of God that is being put to music in a "Worship with the Word" two-hour prayer room set. The musicians and singers are amazing and I can feel God's presence in this room.

The last week has been a really awesome week for me and i've felt really pumped up in prayer. I was really blessed to attend a couple of social events which turned into a time of prophecy. I realise that any sort of social occasion with IHOP people will always turn into a time of ministry and words of life being imparted. I love the new friends i have made - they are just amazing people and passionate about serving God whole-heartedly.

Today, we heard some amazing testimonies of how God had miraculously answered desperate prayers for safety in Joplin, the area near us that was devastated by a tornado just over a week ago, resulting in 200 deaths. One man heard his young son screaming and looked out the window to see his son caught up in the air in the tornado! He cried out to God to spare his son - at the moment, his son was released from the tornado and miraculously was thrown back into the house through the window unharmed!!!!

Other people climbed into wardrobes, bath tubs and hid under kitchen tables crying out to God to spare their lives. Those places were protected and they survived unharmed! Many volunteers from IHOP have gone down to Joplin intending to minister to the people, but have ended up feeling as though they have been ministered to after hearing the testimonies of God's grace in the midst of such devastation. The great news is that two prayer houses have been set up and have been overflowing with people. Everyone they have asked has been receptive to prayer and lots of people have received Jesus as a result of seeing His protection and hearing the gospel. Praise the Lord!

We have spent much time praying over Joplin. I was absolutely heart-broken seeing the extent of the damage (you can see some of the photos here), so it's great to hear the testimonies of what God is doing there.

No comments: