22 June 2011

One of those days

Feeling kind of weird today. I decided not to go to class because I didn't want to have to stand up and give my testimony about what track 1 has done for me. I feel a bit selfish for that being my main reason for not making the effort to go, especially because Brooke told me she had such a great time and that it was optional, not mandatory. Urrrgh! Anyway, but also, I was just feeling a bit low.

Yesterday Brooke was having a really bad day and it really showed. She was in a really shitty mood and all emotional because we heard a lady called Laurie Ditto tell about how she went to hell. She was literally translated there and she described extremely vividly how she felt, what she saw and what she heard. As a result of her experience, she was physically extremely ill - passing out white diarhoea, she had acid-like scabs inside her mouth and nose and was severely dehydrated and everything. Oh it was just awful. Nothing worse. I managed to zone out after about 15 minutes because I had my computer with me so I hooked up to FB and read my emails and did some net surfing. Brooke wasn't able to do that and clung onto every word and it deeply affected her. Poor kid.

Anyway, it was probably a mistake dragging her out to Ariane's house miles away, to the shops and to the Olive Tree for dinner cos she was just so emotional. Ariane had also had a really bad day at work and I accidentally bashed her car door into a pole and it got dented. I think the collective negativity poured into this new day. I was feeling ok last night, but it's like it just cast a dark presence over my new day :-(

So today, I have just been moping around the house doing very little other than eating, playing on the computer, trying on clothes, putting on make-up and playing with Teva - the indoor cat that adores me. A few of the YWAM girls wrote on my FB wall today, which was really sweet. Gosh I wish I was their age again. Not with where I was at in my life, but now with my mindset and their youth. I feel like I'm getting really old. I guess I should be grateful that God has given me a nice healthy figure and good skin so that people even think I am their age.

Last Saturday I had the strangest dream in which I was sitting with a guy who I think might be the one God has chosen for me. He was absolutely gorgeous but not at all what I expected my future husband to look like - I guess because I have always put so much emphasis on him looking a certain way. The thing that stood out to me is that he had really lovely skin. He looked extremely fit and healthy and was just so radiant. I just loved him. His face was full of compassion and kindness. He was looking at me with such a depth of love. No one has ever looked at me like that. He really loved me. I could not tell his eye colour because of the sparkle in his eyes. He was full of the Spirit of God because he loved God. His head was shaved, so i could not tell his hair colour, but he was Caucasian, i'm pretty sure and fair. He was wearing a pure white radiant almost fluorescent white t-shirt.

He handed me a piece of paper and it had the grades he had received from some units he had studied. My initial thought was "wow, this guy has similar skills and is employable". Also on the paper was his contact details and he had written his age as "between 22 and 33".

In another scene we were in mum's front garden at her outdoor table, which was its original colour and had been restored. I looked around the garden and everything was strangely in order. She was right with God and at peace and her home was beautiful. The Lord had restored to her what the devil had stolen from her life and I felt this deep peace and happiness inside me.

How bizarre. As soon as I woke up I remembered the words of a little old lady in the prophetic prayer room at IHOP who told me the Lord was going to give me some dreams and I was to write down the exact details of what I saw.

This guy remains at the back of my mind as I meet all these single guys at IHOP. None as amazing as the guy in my dream.

No comments: