06 June 2011

My birthday in Kansas City

Had the most amazing birthday this year. I actually woke up feeling really sad and down - I just never expected my life to turn out the way it has.

Anyways, but then I went to the bathroom and discovered that my housemates and put streamers up on my door and little posters around the house with scriptures on it. When I went into the kitchen, my new German housemate who is here for 9 days sung happy birthday to me in her rich German accent. That made my day.

Then Barb came up the stairs with a bunch of flowers and a bag of beautifully wrapped gifts. She and Tina bought me a blue sunvisor, yellow bandana, red journal and colourful compact umbrella. Then I opened up my computer to find many birthday wishes on facebook, which was a blessing. Mum remembered my bday and said she bought me a new car key. Julz said she would deposit money into my bank account.

Then Nikki came and picked Ondrea and I up and we went to the International House of Pancakes, where we met a group of lovely women plus Michael Kurland. I was actually grateful all the other guys either chose to sleep-in or attend the Joseph Conference with Rick Joyner because we were unable to book a table, so we had to wait until they could clear enough tables for us. We had 13 in total. It was both Martha and my birthday.

Nikki bought us both beautiful scarfs. Kathleen bought us both flowers. Michael made us both a little craft masterpiece - he cut out the letters of words in Hebrew and gave us both a scripture that he felt God was saying to us. The word he wrote on mine was "lovely" and he quoted Song of Solomon 4:7. That blessed me more than any other gift. He gave Martha the word "peace" and Isaiah 26:3. Then Brooke bought me Justin Rizzo's latest CD, two mandarins and a chocolate bar and gave me a card that had the sweetest words on it. Martha gave me a beautiful candle and some wasabi almonds. Jess wrote her favourite scriptures on a card to me. Ariane gave me a scarf, shirt and bracelet (all looked really expensive). I was just so blessed by everyone.

Then we went and did ushering at the Joseph Conference and took some piccies. After the conference, Addy drove Jess, Brooke and a korean girl whose name i don't remember, to Price Choppers where we bought some cake. We then went back to Jess's house and they put candles on it and wished me a happy birthday. I was really touched by that. We went to church and then after church, I went home and had LOADS more Facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday. I was overwhelmed at the volume - like about 60 Australians, Mexicans and Americans and then some others from other countries. I met them through YWAM.

Even today, I was still feeling extremely loved and blessed as others came and blessed me. Praise the Lord.

No comments: