20 May 2011

Thursday

Funny, the last few days I've been feeling quite disgusted by the fact that so many men at IHOP have scruffy unkempt hair and beards. Then last night, I felt as though the lord highlighted one guy to me and told me that the reason he was this way was because he couldn't afford a haircut, or other basic essentials. That was like a bit of a kick in the gut, so this morning I put some cash in an envelope and wrote on a Jeremiah 29:11 letterhead "don't thank me, but thank Jehovah Jireh (your provider) and El shadaii (the God of more than enough)" and I wrote "3 John 2" and "Money for a haircut, etc... haha
:-)". I didn't sign it at all.

I was wondering how on earth I would get it to him without being obvious and then part way through the conference, his friend got up to use the bathroom. I jumped up and caught her in the bathroom. I asked her if she knew him and she said yes and then I asked if she could give it to him and she said yes. I asked her what her name was and told her mine and she took it quietly. That was kind of weird. I'm glad she didn't ask me any questions. I watched as she walked back to her seat and gave it to him. I'm pretty sure he opened it right away. I realised they are very close friends. I didn't see him after that. I felt too awkward looking over at him and he didn't show up at the prayer room later.

Somehow it blessed me inside knowing I had done a small act of generosity that I felt the Lord had led me to do. No one else had any idea and I guess it's just our little secret. It would be really funny if the next time I saw him he had short hair.

At lunch time Martha invited us over to her house and I paid for two pizzas on the way. That was nice.

I entered the prayer room later with joy and had a great afternoon in prayer. I particularly delighted in praying in tongues for about an hour, reading scriptures, standing on the red tape and praying for mothers contemplating abortions and also for those who had already had them, and then participating in the topic of praying for the issue of human trafficking. As I watched different men pray heart-wrenching deep prayers for the victims as well as the perpetrators, my heart was really stirred with emotion. Tears streamed down my face as I agreed in prayer with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I leapt at the invitation to intercede for a city of my choice in any nation - I chose Mexico City having been there only last year. The ten to fifteen second time limit is really not long to cover such a challenging issue. I just thanked the Lord that angels hearken to the Word of God and so I called those things that be not as though they are, and called laborers to preach the gospel, waring angels to fight the battles and guardian angels to lift the women up in their hands so their feet would not strike stones. Short and simple, but a contribution none-the-less. I was sad to see all my fellow students in track 1 leave before the rapid fire line had been called. That's the highlight for me - I just love throwing in my two cents.

No comments: