21 May 2011

Global prayer room day

Today I was rudely rushed out of bed because the workmen who were coming to replace our bedroom doors arrived earlier than expected and we had to be dressed and ready before they came inside! I chucked some clothes on in a hurry, grabbed an apple and raced out the door a bit before 8am. I felt pretty gross, especially because I didn't brush my teeth. Anyway, I walked down to the global prayer room, already deciding in my heart that I would take another personal day - number five of ten available.

I went into the Higher Grounds Cafe and bought a caramel machiato and a blueberry muffin for breaky, which was nice. Then I sat down and saw a guy that does worship and ushering at IHOP. His name is Matt and he's a really lovely guy married to a beautiful hawaiian girl called Tash (that's who the photo is of - Matt and Tash).

He was talking to his friend and the friend was talking almost non-stop about himself. He said how he was 30 and had moved from some other American state where he had been a fitness instructor. He has a gf and was venting his frustration about how IHOP culture is very family orientated, so much so that when people date, everyone assumes they will get married and treats them as though it will happen.

He wanted people to give couples time to get to know each other adequately, instead of pushing them into marriage and talking about kids and related things. He was saying so what if a girl is cute and pretty, blah blah blah, and said some people just say that God showed them their spouse in a dream and blah blah blah.... God knows. What a funny conversation to overhear. Matt was just patiently listening and making the rare contribution. I really like Matt - oh why can't I have a nice funny guy like him.

Anyway, then I saw a little script come up on the screens inviting people for prophetic ministry, so I leapt at the opportunity. In the queue I met a lovely effervescent lady, Laurie. I really liked her as soon as I met her. We went in together and wrote eachother's prophecies.

This is what they gave me:
1st person

· Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

· The Lord sees you as a peacemaker. You have a ministry of reconciliation.

· Ephesians 2:14 - for He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation.

· See you working reconciliation between people groups.

· You give wise counsel.

· God using you to bring peace into places that have division. Place in your heart in prayer for this.

2nd person

· Romans 11:11 - I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

· Picture of engrafted branches.

· Salvation to gentiles.

· Along with reconciliation, being one who works toward Israel into the saving knowledge of their Messiah. You will take the blinders off. “Give us eyes to see”.

· Romans 15:5 - 13

3rd person

· Sense you have a spirit of unity on you when you walked in the room.

· See you as a connector, like how the Internet connects people, you will connect them. See you bringing people who are broken closer together.

· Like-minded people together and to Jesus.

· See you breaking down confusion to bring unity.

· The Lord has planted something in your heart. I see you saying it is really the love of God. The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul.

· Sense you are in a season of receiving all of His love.

· You are like a rose bud getting ready to blossom. You are already beautiful, and the Lord is pleased with you, but there will be a season of blooming coming.

4th person

· Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart – there will be a grace upon you to know the peace of God.

It was actually similar to other words I have had spoken over me. I thought it was interesting that the image of the bud, yet to bloom was repeated. That was what Russell Sage said over me at VLC maybe over a year ago. How long does it take for a bud to bloom! I appreciated the prophetic words.

Then I spent the rest of the day praying, reading scripture and doing a little bit of preparation for the Revelation quiz next week. I spent ten hours in the prayer room and it was great. I sent quite a few emails as well to friends back home. I don't really miss home at all, just maybe seeing Angel and caring for mum. I'm really sick of the lies and deception in Julz' life. I just so desperately want to see her set free of the sin she is immersed in.

No comments: