07 September 2008

Unexpected blessing

Tonight two older fellas, Rob and Andrew, came into the book shop where I work and gave me a present. They said they wanted to bless me. It turned out to be a brand new leather bound black parallel Bible with the left hand side of each page showing the Word in the King James Version and the right hand side of each page showing the Word in the Amplified Version. I was just so stunned and shocked that I couldn't really think what to say. One of them had overheard me say ages ago how I really liked the parallel Bibles and wanted one.

It's such a shock because I know that both guys are struggling financially and I know the Bible was an expensive one and I really don't know either of them all that well. I mean they are both probably in the 50's. I only really talk to them occasionally when they come in on Sundays. Wow, that's just such a spin-out that God would touch their hearts to do that for me.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I found out that one of my African brothers in my class did not own a Bible. The revelation kind of hurt me and then after finding out that college does not have a supply of spare Bibles, I decided to go and buy him one from our bookshop. I didn't want to get him a cheap and nasty one, so I bought him a beautiful Spirit Filled Study Bible with study notes all throughout, with a blue and grey leather cover. It was so lovely and cost a lot, I mean heaps more than the one I own! I just figured it is such a special book and I wanted him to have a nice one. The colours were great for a guy too. Straight after I went to a friends house, who I had loaned a lot of money to and never expected to see the money again and she handed me part of it out of the blue. It more than the cost of the Bible I had bought the guy, so I felt like God had miraculously given me my money back and more!

We have been studying about giving tithes and offerings in Ps Jim's class, Economics and Scripture, and he pointed out that we will reap what we sow and in Malachi 3:10 it says that if we are obedient in giving our tithes and offerings, then God will open up the windows of Heaven and pour out for us such blessing that we will not have room enough to receive it. That's how I feel right now. I am just so overwhelmed that these guys who I know are strapped for cash would do that for me!!! Wow, the Scriptures really work.

No comments: