Anyway, then we had a cuppa and some cake with Josie and Lilia in the foyer. Just as we were leaving, Josie almost collapsed! She had severe back pain and insisted on going to the Emergency Dept of Royal Perth Hospital. She was going to take the bus and train, how crazy! Instead, Angelina and I drove her there. After we arrived, I quickly left to take Angelina home, then scoffed a pie and jam donut before heading back to the waiting room. By that time, Josie was in the x-ray room planning scans for osteoporosis. I just sat down in the waiting room and sang in tongues. The funny thing was, none of the other people in the waiting room said anything to me – I was expecting someone to ask me what language I was singing in. If anyone had asked, I probably would have responded in tongues – haha, that’d be funny ;-)
Finally after about two hours, Josie emerged. She looked so different when she came out – her countenance had changed and she was glowing with a big smile on her face. Glory to God! I told her I had been praying for her the whole time and she told me she felt much better. We both said “Praise God” and then left all the other people. Then we stopped by the shops, bought her some lunch and then I dropped her home, quickly raced to my house, freshened up a bit, then left for church to start my bookshop shift at 5.00pm.
Within a short time, my friend Andrew came in and he told me he has been going through a “valley of the dry bones”-type experience and asked if I ever go through down days. I told him that in the first two terms of college, I did and some times my circumstances overwhelmed me and pulled me down. However, in third term, I had embraced a new strategy of getting up early, clapping my hands and stamping my feet in intercession, singing in tongues and in the understanding and also praying some powerful prayer points from a book called “Intercessory Prayer” by Dutch Sheets. Just for the record, here are the points I pray every day over my life, my family and friends:
*That God will lift the veil from our eyes so we can see the truth (includes asking for revelation knowledge, that He will open the eyes of our understanding, enlighten us);
*That the Holy Spirit would hover over us and breathe new life into our bodies and protect us (I also added a bit asking Him to pour out dreams and visions into our spirits to reveal Himself to us and to show us great and mighty things);
*That He would send Godly people to be in our pathway every single day (I also call my family and friends into church-related things and call angels into their lives every day);
*In the name of Jesus, I cast down anything that would exalt itself against the knowledge of Christ, specifically pride and rebellion, in our lives;
*In the name of Jesus, I take down all known strongholds – thought patterns, opinions on religion, materialism and fear in our lives (because the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through the pulling down of strongholds);
*In the name of Jesus, I bind all wicked thought and lies that satan would try and place in our minds and I take every though captive that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ and I make them obedient to Jesus Christ; and
*I pray that God would put the armor in Ephesians 6 and then i also pray Ephesians 1:17-23 & 3:16-21 and Colossians 1:9-17 over my family and I.
Since I started in week one of term three, I have had perfect peace in my life and haven’t been harassed by negative thoughts. There have been infrequent times when I have lost my peace for brief times, but it has only taken a few minutes to get my mind back in line with Christ. The sacrifice of sleep is worth the peace of mind! Actually, it’s not really a sacrifice of time because it means I sleep better.
Andrew said he couldn’t afford to buy the book last night, so after he left, I bought it for him, highlighted the relevant points and gave it to him in the service. He was pretty stoked. Anything I can do to help another person get to a state of peace is a worthwhile investment.
We closed up shop close to 9.00pm and then I went home and ate dinner. What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment