Boy did I feel silly yesterday. I had arranged to meet a friend from college to go for a run in Kings Park early in the morning. However, we both forgot that City to Surf was on, meaning most of the roads were blocked. My dear friend couldn't get into the park cos all her links were barricaded, so after half an hour of driving and driving and driving trying to find in-roads, she gave up.
Anyway, I decided to go for a run on my own. Once on the paths, I realised there were literally thousands of people running the opposite direction to me - cos they were all taking part in the 12km challenge. So here was little me running without an orange number (which you get when you register for the annual run) along a lone path. I felt soooooooooooooooo stupid! I told a couple of guys last night at church and we all just lost it laughing at how silly I must have looked ;-) Last time I go for a run during such a big event! Apparently over 10,000 people take part in the event. I think it starts on St Georges Tce and finishes in City Beach. Next year I think I will just register in the run. I'm sure I can make 12km by now ;-) hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment