On Tuesday, Rob came to ask me if I wanted to accept a different job again, only this time when I said no, because I was busy, he then asked whether I would like to do the new job on the days I already work, i.e. swap jobs entirely. That was very sneaky and showed me his character. What was awkward is he did it in full view of Ps Rhonda, Gail and Margaret and they immediately discerned he was trying to poach me. They piped up that every time he sees someone with potential, he comes to steal them away. Ps Rhonda said "he can't have you!". I liked the way she said that. She wasn't joking though, she was clearly annoyed. Somehow, whatever I mumbled, prompted Rob to go to Ps Judy's office and stir up a mess. He presumptiously told Ps Judy I was very keen to swap jobs and I think he said to her that had already accepted his offer because she was obvsiouly disturbed afterwards.
When I was leaving, she said she needed to talk to me, but she was talking to two new teachers at the time and it wasn't a great time. I told her I didn't really want to change jobs and I hadn't meant to give that impression. Then I said there were heaps of students who would love the opportunity and I said how I think Rinna really wanted the job I have now, so perhaps they could put her in that position. She confirmed that Rinna did want the job I have. She said it would all have to be put to prayer and asked that I don't say anything to Rinna. Fair enough. In fact afterwards, I was thinking she probably wouldn't be the best suited to that job anyway. My friend Annette would be much better in that position (which I suggested in an email to Ps Judy later).
Then I lfet church and went to Koorong and bumped into Kristin's parents and had a coffee with them, their shout!. After I left, I felt very unsettled about the church situation like I had some unresolved business. So I rang Rob (couldn't get through) and then Ps Judy and blurted out how I wanted to clarify with her that I had not meant to give the impression I wanted to change jobs and all. It was kind of awkward and she stressed that I make that clear with Rob, so I tried again to get through to him and couldn't. I tried ringing Tammy and then sent her a text message, but to no avail. She didn'd reply, so I went back to Ps Rhonda and asked her to leave a message for Rob to call me back.
Finally, he did and then I stuttered out what I wanted to say and apologised for giving him the wrong impression. Then I text messaged Ps Judy to confirm I had spoken to him, clarified I was committed to stay in that position for the year. She sent me back a message saying thank you and that I was a blessing. Phew, that sorted, I felt a load come off my shoulders. I never realised there were politics at work!
Apparently after last Sunday, Ps Margaret got such great feedback from my testimony that she has asked that I do it again, but at the 10.30am service (the biggest one) and that mine be the only testimony given for the whole weekend! Oh man .... and the worst thing is that Ps Judy doesn't want me to repeat the content and only go with what the Spirit leads me to say .... aggggghhhhhh, talk about pressure.
Well, I wont repeat all of it, but I just feel I need to repeat the faith project steps again because it's my best example and what else am I meant to say?!?!?! I am just going to prepare to say it again, and if the Holy Spirit guides me to say something else, then I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment