22 January 2009

I CAN

Still fighting off the remnants of sickness - uuurggh. Y'day, I wasn't feeling great in the morning, so I rang Julz to ask her if she could possibly drop Angelina off to mum's house, instead of me picking her up. She could quite easily have said no, but instead, she rocked up at our house at 6.55am all angry and abrupt, gave me Angelina and raced off. She was meant to leave me with some more betadine, antibiotics and money, but was in too much of a huff that she didn't.

It ended up totally wrecking my day and I think the anxiety that she caused me, made me sicker. It's amazing how one person's behaviour can have such an impact on someone else. I took Angelina to the church creche and went to healing school in the arvo, which was great. It was actually a great message spoken by Ps Barbara Oldfield-Bentley (shown in the front row in a melon-coloured jacket), which was totally relevant to me. She talked about how stress and anxiety can facilitate sickness and how we need to have an "I CAN" attitude, rather than "I can't". "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ...we need to remember that!

I know it was through stress and anxiety that I got sick. I haven't told mum that I am moving out yet, because I want to wait until Julz' house it ready for me (prolly another couple of weeks) and then subtlely move all the essential things out before I tell mum. She hasn't reacted favorably in the past when I have suggested I would be moving out. In response, she has threatened me with all sorts of things in, what I would call, emotional manipulations. I guess it's the insecurity of being alone and having change brought into her life. Just thinking about the logistics of my move is causing me grief. I have to somehow change my stinking thinking.

No comments: