04 October 2008

Strong in the Lord in His power and might

On Thursday night, I drove by Josie's house to pick her and her friend, Rania, up before heading to Victory Life Centre for our weekly prayer meeting. Prayer for the Nations is a gathering of predominantly older folk to intercede for the nation of Australia and whatever other nations they feel led to pray for. It was awesome, especially because Ps Margaret felt led to lay hands on all of us and pray for us to receive a holy boldness. I liked that impartation. We also saw Debbie from second year at college. My Ethiopian brother, Delesa, usually comes to pray for his home country too, but he didn't make it this week. I left the meeting feeling refreshed and strengthened. I love prayer meetings.

On Friday night I went to another prayer meeting with Phil & Jeanette at the Well. Jeanette told me she thought Angelina was absolutely beautiful and an obvious treasure from God. She said she has a strong annointing on her as a result of all the prayers she has had over her. There has not been a day of her life that I have not prayed for Angelina and I know many others have prayed for her too from time to time. Angelina didn't come with me last night, though there were quite a few other babies around. None of them seemed to have that same beautiful smile and sparkly eyes that Angelina has though. She loves people and has started smiling a lot ;-)

I sat with Donna and Kristin in the service and later hung around a bit to talk to some of our mates who we haven't seen for a while. It was great to catch up with Dan. Dan is a prayer warrior I used to work in the city with. We used to go running on our lunch breaks with lots of his and my workmates. It was our intention to start a health revival, followed by a spiritual revival across the city.... but then God called me to do Bible college! Anyways, Dan said he will cover me in prayer next week when I have lunch with some old work colleagues, who do not YET know Jesus. I left the Well feeling really loved, with that deep sense of feeling like I belonged there.

I had forgotten about some of the special friends God has brought into my life. Since I started Bible college, I have distanced myself from lots of friends, because I felt that they were leading me astray a bit, in particular with what seemed to come out of my mouth when I was in their presence. I realised in the first couple of terms that death and life is in the power of our tongue (Proverbs 18:21) and that we can either bless or curse ourselves and others by what we say. The Bible says that if a part of us causes us to sin, then to cut it off, and I guess I just had to cut myself off from fellowshipping with some of these friends for a season. Now I am a lot stronger because God renewed my mind with the Word of God and I think it is perhaps time to reconnect. I am also a lot better grounded in my beliefs and values.

No comments: