22 October 2008

Goodbye Misty

Yesterday, our beautiful German Shepherd, Misty, died. That's three dogs gone now between Jules and Mum's house. I actually feel somewhat relieved though because Misty has been ill for many years and has suffered from depression since going through some overwhelmingly challenging situations over the last seven years. I actually prayed God would put her out of her misery, just a couple of days ago.

I was so grateful that one of our friends Marcus, just happened to ring up mum and was at the house within an hour of Misty dying. She was a huge dog, weighing at least about 80kg. He somehow managed to dig a hole and carry her to it all on his own. The saddest thing is that Marshall, our two year old German Shepherd, simply refused to vacate the room where she died and insisted watching Marcus remove her body. I don't think he understood she had died. All yesterday, he kept wandering outside around the back garden to look for her. Oh the poor dog. Just breaks my heart. How do you explain to a dog what has happened.

Apart from that, i just feel so much peace about the situation. She is in a much better place now than suffering on earth.

No comments: