Today is her birthday and so on Thursday, I posted her a gift so she could get it by her birthday. I figured, she has not watched the Christian DVD I sent her, so I decided to use yet another means of sowing seeds into her life. The journal is really cute and says "Every day is a gift from God" on the front. Each page has a different Scripture, some food for her starved, hungry spirit! Anyway, she just rang me up to say thank you and how touched she was by it.
... and THEN, she started to ask me about Bible college and asked me what exactly I'm studying. Hehe, I was ready. I told her we were studying Australia's Christian heritage and told her this is a Christian nation and some of our early explorers, like Captain Cook, dedicated this country to God. I also told her about the different methods of healing I have learnt. She asked what I meant by that and I said, oh you can pray words from the Bible over people who are sick, you can annoint them with oil, you can use the name of Jesus, etc.. she was intrigued. We learnt that in second term this year. Then I started telling her about the areas of community service Victory Life Centre is involved in, for example feeding the homeless through Kings Cafe, clothing struggling families that Centrelink sends to the church through our communties services centre, helping people in challenging circumstances to clean up their houses and gardens through the outreach teams we send out. They were all examples she could understand and connect with.
Prior to our lunch last week, I have never really spoken to her about my faith and the wonderful Lord Jesus I serve. I thought about telling her my testimony today, which I have been preparing for this Tuesday coming up when I have to deliver it to the whole class (aaaagggghhhh), but it wasn't the right time. I am feeling a bit nervous. I suppose because mine seems so much deeper and more personal than the three we have heard so far. I just feel the Holy Spirit wants me share it. I sort of feel a bit raw exposing these details, but I know that if it wasn't for God's tender mercies, I would not be where am today, so I want to give God the glory. He deserves the highest praise. One of my friends at college, John, pointed out that we can set people free with our testimonies.
Revelation 12:11 tells us that we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.
No comments:
Post a Comment