30 October 2008

Intercession

Was so totally rapped this morning and wasn't able to share my joy with anyone at college, nor at home. I have only told Kristin cos we caught up for a run at lunchtime and she's independent enough. Anyway, so it's yet another story for my beloved blog!

This morning before college, I met with the usual group of intercessors that Ive been asked to pray with on behalf of the needs of a select group of people. After praying up a bit of a storm, one of them stopped the prayers and said she felt we needed to pray for one of our own, so we covered some more ground, then turned to the one we were directed to pray for. Upon starting, the Lord gave me Jeremiah 17:7-8 to give to her. It says "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit". As soon as I began reading it, she starting squealing "yes yes yes, that's for me". It's funny how I just knew it was for her, because we didn't even discuss what she needed prayer for. From what I gather, she has had some sort of unexpected attack on her finances.

Then as we began to pray, I had a vision of a dark room with windows all down the side. The windows started to pop open and sunlight streamed into the room, I could see the golden rays and felt their warmth. As I quietly watched and wondered what the vision meant, the person praying suddenly prayed that windows of opportunity would open, and I stopped them and said "that's it, that's what the vision was!" and I explained my vision. Then the one praying said they also saw a vision of windows, exactly the same. I was so encouraged!!!

These intercessors have been mighty prayer warriors for many years and are much older then me. For the last couple of months we have prayed together in obedience and I have never had visions before, though everyone else has had frequent and numerous visions for every person we have covered! I couldn't help but feel a little bit intimidated by my sheer lack of insight, so I asked the Lord to also give me visions to share. Wow, God truly answers prayer. I just know without a doubt I am where He wants me to be. Glory to God. It feels so good.

Tonight I am heading to the VLC Prayer for the Nations. I am so excited.

No comments: