12 November 2011

Long day

Got up super early to go and collect my favourite Angel, then spent the morning entertaining her. She is such a precious, beautiful and sweet little girl. I love her to bits. Then I drove her all the way home and back and made myself a sandwich and cuppa, before heading back to bed for a quick nap! Then I went with mum to her unit to do some more work on it.

Yesterday was so crazy, we went there to prune more trees and all these people starting coming in and walking around. I was in my underwear up a ladder surrounded by thorn-covered bougainvillea cuttings feeling really unprepared for meeting so many people! It turns out the real estate company had arranged a home open. It was very popular! All sorts of people came through - an old professional-looking man, a young computer geek-looking guy, three university students - a young geeky-looking guy and two asian girls wanting to share, two Caucasian girls who looked in their 20s, an indian couple - the guy teaches denistry at UWA, a PhD student, a snobby Asian lady, an Asian couple viewing the place for a friend, a young couple with a baby .... oh all sorts!

Today, I sawed almost an entire tree down. It was covered with a multitude of stink bugs and was absolutely disgusting. I prayed for God's grace and just kept sawing and sawing and sawing until there was almost no more! Mum was a bit shocked. I guess I was too. I vacuumed up all the carpet fragments the carpet guy left everywhere around the house - that took over an hour because of our dodgy vacuum without a proper head attachment. I glued three panels back on (in the bathroom and laundry) and cleaned all the surfaces. Mum and I bought fish and chips for the third time this week on the way home!

Gosh what a day. The unit looks great now with a shiny new oven, new carpets and vinyl, and fresh paint on all the doors and walls and ceiling. We have really done the gardens nicely now. The place looks so nice that mum and I were kind of dreaming of moving in. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I do live there. That would be funny.

No comments: