05 November 2011

Facebook or Jesus? ... your choice

Well after making the decision to fast Facebook, I found so much more time today to pray and spend time with Jesus. Tonight when I went to the prayer room in Fremantle, the Lord met me there. His presence overwhelmed me and tears poured down my cheeks. Oh the nearness of His Spirit is so beautiful. It makes me feel warm inside, like His arms are wrapped around me.

Similar to last Wednesday, I feel a deep sense of satisfaction after having such rich fellowship with the prayer warriors in the prayer room. I love hearing them all pray. I love joining with them to pray over different issues of injustice. I am amazed how many of them are so young, yet are such gifted in their prayer language. They know what Scriptures to pray and how to pray them. It touches my heart hearing them. Every meeting is a feast for my Spirit man, who hungrily devours every Word of God. I just love it so much.

Tonight, the devotional time comprised listening to this little guy James Kufeldt from IHOP sing so magnificently sweetly. I have never seen him lead worship before on the piano. It was just glorious. The archive set was 8.00am, Sunday October 30. I wrote down his lyrics:

My mind was made to think about You
My eyes were made to gaze upon You
My heart was made to love and adore You
My mouth was made to give You the glory
So I meditate on the mysteries, on the deep things of God

Afterwards, when the live set began at 7.00pm, we began with IHOP worship songs. I sang backing vocals at the top of my lungs from where I was sitting. I'm not part of the worship team, but I love my Jesus and my heart is set on fire when the worship team sings. I can't help but express my heartfelt adoration to Him.

Then we had small group prayer for any personal needs, as well as the missions team from the church in the Philippines. I prayed for George and George prayed for me. He didn't have much prayer language, but did well for a guy who has only been part of the church for a few months and wasn't attending any church before then. He is getting baptised in December.

Then we prayed over the issue of the potential for the Prostitution Bill to be passed through Parliament. Lauren led us from Colossians 1:9, then we did a rapid fire prayer line to pray for Governmental and political leaders involved in the legislation. I got up and threw in my two cents with the other half a dozen people.

Then some guy got up and led us in prayer from Ephesians 3:16-19 for the New Life Community. We broke up into small groups and prayed.

Then some other guy led us in praying for persecuted believers in Egypt out of Acts 4 and read a short extract from some newsletter. Then we did another rapid fire prayer line. I got up again and joined the four other people.

Finally we ended with the worship leader saying a final prayer to wrap up the night. Jason told me it was nice having me with them. I think I needed to hear someone say that. I was really touched by his words. I walked out with Heather.

Gosh I am just so grateful for this little group of IHOP people. I would have been a mess without them and would have taken longer to transition back into Perth from IHOP-KC.

No comments: