As part of an assignment for the subject on the Book of Colossians, I had to write a paragraph about Colossians 1:27 - what it means to me. Funny how last week I couldn't think of what to write, but today it all just came out. This is what I wrote.
This verse reminds me that I am never alone, that I have a greater power inside me than anything I can face in this world, and because of this, I am an overcomer, more than a conqueror and strong in the Lord in His power and might. I do not need to yield to fear because Christ in me fills me with so much love that it conquers all fear. He is my comforter, advocate, teacher, helper, intercessor, strengthener and standby. I am sufficient and complete because of His presence in me. I have perfect peace because He is Jehovah Shalom, the God of peace who dwells within me. I have a permanent bodyguard and friend. He helps me to see situations and people through His eyes and gives me the right words to say and pray. He guides me along paths of righteousness. Because He lives in me, I am dead to sin and alive to righteousness. In Him, I have fullness of joy and hope in every trial and confidence that He will lead me into the future He has for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment