18 October 2009

Word of encouragement

This morning as I was praying for my friend's vision and the dreams and desires God has placed in her heart for her future, I was overwhelmed with emotions and tears were streaming down my face. I heard the Lord say to tell my friend to not be discouraged, that the things she is believing for will come to pass and to trust in Him. I was so hesitant about giving her the message. I kept typing it out on text message, then cancelling the message. Then I went to sit down and just felt a burden to send it to her, so I did. I just said that I don't know why but I was overwhelmed with emotions while praying for her and I just wanted to let her know that I heard the Lord say not to be discouraged, that it would surely come to pass and to trust Him. I felt so silly sending it because I was thinking what it she was feeling fine ... but I know those tears were not for me.

Well, she replied saying that the last two days she has been totally overwhelmed by negative emotions and she had to pray and ask God to bring them under control. She said she had had a dream that Joyce Meyer came and told her not to be disappointed and to keep speaking out words of faith. My message contributed to her feeling God's love and encouragement so strong. Praise God. Wow, what a difference a message from the Lord can make! I pray I will always be obedient to share whatever I feel God has given me to say to people.

No comments: