11 August 2008

Praise Jesus

This morning i was determined not to go to college, but rather to have the day off. I actually told quite a few people over the last few days that i would not be in college today. Anyway, so i slept in, but then around 6.30 am i had an amazing dream. I dreamt i was walking around a street that i was unfamiliar with. I walked past a block where the red-brick building had been partly demolished and i was singing at the top of my lungs "Jesus, we enthrone You, we proclaim You our King, standing here in the midst of us, we raise You up with our praise, and as we worship build Your throne (build Your throne) and as we worship, build Your throne, come Lord Jesus, come take Your place". As i looked behind me i could see a handful of people following me and they were singing the same song. I was filled with a deep joy inside. I could see park benches with people sitting on them who had downcast faces, but as they heard our singing, they lifted their heads and there was light in their eyes. I was overwhelmed with joy.

When i woke up, i sent a quick text message to Mace cos i felt i had to tell someone. Then i lay in bed for a bit longer, thinking about how i would not be going to college. Suddenly, i heard the Holy Spirit say "Michelle, the Lord wants you to go to college". It startled me a bit, but i knew deep in my spirit i needed to obey. I was kind of amused. He really is watching over me every day. I was thinking to myself "what difference does it make if i go to college or not". Anyway, i decided i would obey my Lord cos i love Him and He promised to bless those who obey Him. Haha ...no doubt our Father God is reading this!

So i didn't actually bother doing my hair at all, i just threw on some clothes, washed my face, brushed my teeth, put on a bit of lipstick and raced out the door. I prayed all the way there in the car and just made it for the start of 8.00 am prayer. I was totally pumped and sang in the spirit and clapped my hands the whole time, then joined the 8.30am group for praying in the understanding-type prayers. I was on a spiritual high all day, just thinking how lovely God is and i told a few people about my dream. Then i gave Helen and Hariet lifts home and drove myself home.

What an interesting day, nothing extraordinary happened at college, but for whatever reason, the Lord wanted me there. I suppose He appreciates my prayers. Today I prayed for the students at Bible college that the Lord would pour out a fresh annointing on them, cos it's His annointing that breaks the yoke and sets people free from oppression and depression and demon possession! He who is set free is truly free indeed. No longer do we need to be tormented by negative thoughts thanks to 2 Corinthians 10:5. Glory to God.

No comments: