28 August 2008

Dispelling the darkness

Last night I was feeling upset because I had just finished talking to Julz on the phone and her lifestyle just grieves me so much. Anyway, I went to sleep early because I felt so shattered.

As I was dozing off, I had a dream or vision of my friend, Mason. He was punching his fists in front of him really hard and fast, like a professional boxer. Every time he thrust his fists forwards, I could hear a sound that sounded like two massive meat knives (like the sort that have like a 20cm x 10cm thick slab of metal above the blade) slamming down on a metal table consecutively, like every split second, if that makes sense. His actions were penetrating through darkness, having a very powerful effect in the spirit realm. As I stood there watching him (he was so deep in concentration, it seemed he was oblivious to me standing there), I imagined him saying to me "keep going Michelle, don't give up, keep on at it". As the vision faded away, I felt uplifted inside and deeply encouraged. I wonder why I saw Mason doing that and why it had such a strong impact on me.

I've been thinking a lot about how God has brought me into Bible college and brought a whole new group of people into my life to grow with spiritually, like just for a set time within our whole life spans. Many come from other countries and I don't know if I will see them again. I feel strangely attached to so many of them in a different way to how I have felt with former friends. I suppose it is so different when you have a spiritual connection, I mean we are all learning together, being taught the Word of God in the same way, by the same teachers.

My spiritual mum, Josie, told me that when she set foot in her home country (New Zealand) recently, she heard the Holy Spirit say that it is time to move back permanently. It's left me feeling a bit shattered and I feel weird thinking that over the next few months, she will be clearing out her unit and selling all her stuff and then going for good. I guess we can't take any friendship for granted. I know I will see her again, but it wont be the same.

I think i'll just tackle each day at a time. As long as my eyes are fixed on Him and I am obedient to Him, I will be in perfect peace. Thank you Lord that Your grace is sufficient for all my needs, according to Your riches in glory. You give Your angels charge over me. Jehovah Jireh cares for me ...

No comments: