06 August 2008

Hearing the Holy Spirit

Today in Ps Rhonda's class, which is about the Holy Spirit and His gifts, Rinna and Gill got up to sing a couple of songs. When Gill sang the second song, I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to tell Gill that her singing brought pleasure to Him and it had a sweet annointing on it. I had tears welling up in my eyes because I was so touched He would say that of a fellow student, and such a lovely one. Gill is a beautiful woman of God, who is bold and confident and just such an exhorter herslf. I kind of felt silly saying it to her, but I had this feeling that I simply had to tell her. I couldn't go home today without letting her know.

I didn't have any spare paper, so I wrote it on part of our lecture notes and ripped off that portion. Then during the break I walked up to her and gave it to her. I still had tears in my eyes when I tried to explain that I had heard the Holy Spirit say that. It was such a simple message, yet I just felt it was so important that I tell her. Gill thanked me and told me that she often feels condemned when she sings because she feels like she's putting herself or her agenda ahead of others, like Ps Rhonda's teaching, for example. It seemed like such a strange response, maybe I didn't quite understand what she meant, but it is so obvious to me that she has a gift in being able to sing like that and there is a strong annointing on every word she sings to minister to those listening. How could that be less important than anything else!, especially when the teacher has specifically requested that she lead worship?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there! to each of us God hath given a special gift. you have a special gift there in encouraging others.

Mv$H said...

hey cuz, gr8 to hear from you ;-) thanks for your encouragement, must run in the family ;-) hehe How you been anyhow? Good to see ya keeping up to date with my blog ;-)