27 May 2008

Change in scenery

The last three months have been really tough for me. Getting booted outa home by mum was tough, but living with my sister was even tougher. I think I have really gotten to know a side of Jules that I had no idea about. I never knew she worked such long hours and only really used the house to get refreshed and grab a quick meal before heading out to sleep elsewhere.... but as a consequence, her place was no neglected and dirty because of the indoor dogs and cats ... until I came along....

I have no doubt that I dramatically changed the spiritual atmosphere with the hours I spent singing in tongues every time I was cleaning. Hours and hours spent mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, sorting clothes, picking up pet poo, cleaning surfaces, doing dirty washing, sifting though boxes and boxes of rubbish, re-organsing, etc... oh what a busy three months it has been! It tires me just recalling all that I have had to do.

I think it is a miracle that Jules has finally agreed to sell the house. The biggest miracle though is the fact that after kicking me out of home, mum's heart has softened and she is no longer opposed to bible college because she believes it is the reason why I was willing to work such long hours to help Jules out. In just three months I raked up 8,000 km on the car from all the trips going back and forth! Anyway, mum now gives the credit to VLC. She also said last week that I can move back in with her and she will leave me alone to study and pray. Now that is a huge thing, especially seeing three months ago she changed all the locks in her house and told me never to return again!!!!

So last Friday, I packed up everything and moved back. The funny thing is that Josie rang me up out of the blue and told me the Lord had showed her a vision of me packing boxes and told her it was the right time for me to move. I hadn't even told her I had moved!!! God really is watching over me.

Yesterday, mum paid $635 (for four hours) to a removalist to move most of Jules' furniture to her house. The rest was moved today by Grunde to Jules' other place. Mum and I were so exhausted!!! I really feel like I have won some battles. It was a miracle convincing Jules to sell her house, a miracle getting her furniture moved, a miracle that mum is welcoming me back and that her attitude towards Bible college has changed. Jules' place is still very dirty, but at least we have the biggest obstacles out the way. Glory to God.

Tomorrow, I am getting her dogs washed again by the guy from Fleastoppers. Then the next month or so will be spent cleaning before the house is put on the market, and hopefully before I become an aunt!!! Agggghhhh, not long now.

No comments: