This morning when I went to Victory Life Church, the preacher called a young man up to the front and prophesied over him. He was 20 years old and someone, who he said will be used powerfully by God. He said that the company he kept would be absolutely critical to determining the success of his ministry and he prayed that the Lord would give him a pure heart and a pure mind and that he would find the strength to resist all temptations to retain his physical purity no matter what the cost or what sacrifices were involved. He reminded the young man about two men in the Bible – Joseph and Samson. Both had beautiful women placed before them, but only Joseph was able to resist the temptation and flee from sin. Consequently, Joseph achieved amazing things for God and fulfilled his destiny.
I was deeply encouraged by the preacher’s message and the young man’s willingness to serve God with all his heart.
I want to be like that. I want every aspect of my life to be pleasing to God. I want to live a holy and pure life where I don’t compromise my moral standards for anyone. I think it’s a key ingredient to becoming a successful intercessor. It also made me think about the company I have been keeping. Over the next few months I want to go through a bit of a filtering system with the friendships I have and weed out all the ones that aren’t helping me know God more intimately. I know we’re called to be like salt, bringing flavor to other peoples’ lives who are void of the truth, and like light, showing people the right path to take, but I guess there’s a place and a time for that. Close friendships need to be honoring to God because “bad company corrupts good character”. So true.
God has recently brought some more awesome prayer warrior brothers and sisters into my life. God Bless them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment