Prior to party, we had our first prayer room stint from 4pm to 6pm. It was amazing. The prayer room can be viewed online through the IHOP website or on GodTV! Each 24hr day is split into different sessions and each session run by totally different worship/prayer leaders, so it's worthwhile watching it at different times of the day to get a better feel for how the Global Prayer Room operates.
The anointing is really strong in the room and after a few minutes of sitting, I just felt this urge to kneel and start thanking and praising God for getting me there. Soon i found myself repenting of everything i could think of that may have grieved the Holy Spirit and I felt tears running down my face. Then I felt the Lord wanted me to repent of things that people in America had done that had also grieved the Holy Spirit and asking God for mercy for the people in this nation. I must have been sobbing for at least an hour. I had all sort of visions of broken and hurting Americans who were lost and in desperate need of God and I felt this desperation for them to be saved.
During the two hours I was there, the leaders at the prayer meeting were praying for revival in America and they put lots of different scriptures up on the screens for us to pray. After someone read a scripture, the worship team would erupt into an incredible time of intercession with each singer picking up different lines form the verse that had been read out and singing them. It was absolutely beautiful to listen to and see how well they all came together in unity in their worship. I've never heard anything quite like it. Then they had a time in which they invited us all to participate in a time of 10 to 15 second prayers into the microphone where we could pray for any city or state in America. I leapt at the opportunity. It was such a privilege to participate.
After that I just sang in tongues along with the worship team. I felt I learnt so much about prayer and being able to watch and listen to how people pray different scriptures and put them to music is incredible. I left the room feeling a strange sense of unity with the people in the room, despite knowing so few people, and as though we had achieved a lot in the short time i was there. I will be spending 25 hours a week in the prayer room on top of 25 hours of bible study time.
No comments:
Post a Comment