09 February 2010

Next person ...

Well straight after I told John he could move in, the Holy Spirit made it crystal clear it was not a great idea. For about an hour after John and his gf, Yvonne, left, I could sense all this lust and sexual immorality between them and I had all these visions of him sleeping with different women! I kept getting that scripture about how Jesus was enraged that His Father's house had been turned into a gambling joint and I felt God was saying to me that my house is a house of prayer, a special unique blessing and that bringing sexual immorality into it would open doors for the enemy into my life.

I rang up Sarah and asked her who she was going to suggest move into my home instead and she told me her friend Sharon, an older lady she prays with at the church. In the morning, I asked Tammy what she thought of Sharon. She told me Sharon's job at the church was about to end and she had been told that someone had expressed concern that Sharon had mental problems, though she had not witnessed anything abnormal in her dealings with her. Boy, that was enough to put me off!!! Sarah said she was actually considering the place herself .... I was like "WHAT???". The funny thing is, she was one of the first people I thought of, but I just assumed she was paying much less in her state housing and could not afford the rent.

It turns out that after that whole ordeal, she will be moving in and paying rent plus expenses - $165/wk on her own. It is amazing the peace in my heart that I feel about my decision to let her stay and actually longer term until she finds an alternate place. I have since moved all my stuff into the spare room and I am going to let her sleep in the master bedroom until she leaves - so my room will be the little one. Today I changed the sheets on her bed and cleaned out the cupboards and moved mystuff around. I really do not have a lot of possessions I realise. I have put a lot into the Good Sammy bin or sold it on eBay! hahaha

So it's all final now - Sarah has no furniture, which is actually a great thing for me because it means she will not be moving all my stuff around, taking down pictures, etc.. like John was going to do. She cannot pay me any rent in advance, but at least she is reliable to pay me rent each week. I know she is super clean and neat and I just love her so much and want to bless her. She is a true friend to me.

No comments: