20 June 2009

Saturday

Went past the op-shop in Scarborough Beach Rd today to drop off some clothes. Julz just gives me so many clothes, it's all too much! I can only find new owners for so many, then it just become hard labor :0) haha Then I went to the shops and bought some stuff I've been meaning to get for a while now - stuff like lavender bleach to clean the bathroom floor and make my house smell nice at the same time, cotton wool, cotton buds, matches, shoe inserts, dried parsley, pepper and sesame seeds for putting the finishing touches on my puff pastry creations, then some milk, bbq chicken, coleslaw, tomotoes, cheese and bread for lunch. Sweet. I love living on my own and buying whatever I want to put in my fridge.

Today Tammy is moving into a 2-bedroom unit in South Perth on her own. It's amazing how much we have in common - we both wanted to live on our own, we both dislike little nick-nacks around the home, we snack on the same healthy stuff, we're both gifted in the area of admin and feel this is what God wants us to do with our lives, we were both offered the exact same job at church only she got offered it a couple of years earlier cos she started Bible college before me, we have similar work ethics (even if we finish the tasks earlier than our shift of work, we will both stay until the end and just find other work to do), we both volunteer in VLC bookshop on Sunday night, we both get complimented a lot for our customer service skills ... :o)

Quite funny. I have the hugest amount of respect for Tammy. She is only 20 years old, yet she is extremely mature for her age, more mature than friends I have that are much older. I love the way that she loves people. They matter to her. She is not a respecter of persons, but treats everyone with kindness and respect. What a model deacon ... (yup, that's the name given to church workers apparently!).

So, anyways, now I have to get my priorities right and discipline myself to study in preparation for my upcoming exam on "Understanding the Annointing" and my argument to support the drinking of wine for my upcoming role in the debate for "Christian Ethics" on "to drink or not to drink".

No comments: